This significant anniversary will be marked by the gathering of families around the Suez Maru Memorial built in 2013, to place poppy crosses within a tide of 417 poppy crosses, each bearing the name of a Suez Maru man.
Their names will be read aloud and the Tide of Poppies laid out as 'long lines of men in the water' will be a stark, visually poignant reminder of the great loss of allied life in the war crime.
The service will include:
- 12pm - Gather at the Suez Maru Memorial
- Welcome by Reverend Sonya
- Roll Call of prisoners of war aboard the Suez Maru
- Reading of their names aloud by all
- FEPOW Prayer
- The Last Post
- Two-minute silence
- A Tide of Poppies - The Laying of Poppy Crosses
- Kohima epitaph
For more information visit: www.facebook.com/suezmaru